ADARA Comet maximizes WAN bandwidth by eliminating the slow start/fast drop-off "saw tooth" behavior of legacy TCP. Comet enables multipath L2/L3 end-to-end SDN control. ADARA Comet Engine integrates with ADARA Sirius and ADARA Orion.
ADARA Comet provides WAN optimization, virtual TCP and SDN SLA guarantee-enforcement for the following scenarios:
- Distributed Edge Overlays (DEO) for Over-The-Top (OTT) Virtual Networks in multi-tenant topologies
- Multi-tenant data center connections to other data centers via Layer 2/Layer 3 protocols (Public or Private clouds)
- Users via the Internet or Private/Public VPNs
- Micro-VPNs (browser-to-browser using WebRTC) via ADARA Polaris
ADARA Comet is superior to NVGRE, VXLAN, STT, and all modified Layer 2 VPN protocols.
ADARA Comet employs a novel enhanced implementation of Quick Start Protocol for TCP/IP (RFC4782), which is unique from all other TCP mechanisms.
ADARA Comet implements a novel enhanced QS+ using a standard mechanism to provide feedback to TCP/IP. Comet can send TCP traffic at an exponentially higher rate than allowed by traditional congestion control mechanisms. To achieve this goal, Comet utilizes information about the network state, configuration and flow rates, and initiates explicit interaction with switches/routers along the network paths.
The ADARA Comet real-time state/flow abstraction enables per-packet rate-setting, which delivers highest enforceable rate/highest available rate SDN SLAs.
ADARA Comet enables:
- TCP/IP to transmit at maximum rate immediately starting at the end host
- SLAs or full bandwidth utilization for Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) or RoCE in Distributed Edge Overlays (DEO) for Over-The-Top (OTT) Virtual Networks
- SLAs or full bandwidth utilization for networks over WAN links to users on the Internet or Private/Public VPNs
ADARA Comet provides end-to-end traffic steering over IP tunnels or MPLS LSPs to provide multipath transport with flow control, acknowledgements and all ADARA dynamic traffic engineering. This provides the following benefits:
- Eliminates any switch/router executing “slow start” path on the QuickStart option
- Utilizes nonce value (QS none)
- Provides sender protection against receivers providing inaccurate receive rates
- Able to reset TCP transmit parameters in a persistent-HTTP connection that has started to exchange data after an idle period
ADARA Comet can deploy on hardware that is using TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) or Large Segment Offload (LSO). However, this capability is not a requirement for ADARA Comet.
ADARA Comet supports the following protocols:
- ADARA DLSP
- RIP, RIPng
- OSPFv2, OSPFv3, IS-IS
ADARA Comet supports the following additional features:
- Load balancing
- Symmetric/Asymmetric forwarding with Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Multi-hop congestion control and re-queuing
- Admission control QoS
- Traffic engineering
ADARA Comet supports auto-configuration.
ADARA Comet provides centralized monitoring, management and configuration capability via an intuitive web-based GUI (pure HTML client, no need for additional client software or plug-ins). The GUI is multi-user capable, and continuously updated in real-time.
ADARA Apollo supports auto-configuration, auto-orchestration/provisioning, dynamic multi-layer multi-variable, single/multipath troubleshooting and connectivity management.
Apollo also supports SNMP/MIBs and a Command Line Interface (CLI).