ADARA Gemini provides features and technologies for multicast environments. Gemini supports virtual interfaces, enabling the ADARA Dynamic Virtual Overlay Network. ADARA Gemini Network Virtualization increases network and service performance and scalability.
Gemini network virtualization provides the following capabilities:
- Supports OpenFlow and provides multiple extensions for enhanced virtualization
- The over-the-top (OTT), multipath, layer 1-7, distributed switching/routing engine manages forwarding state, switching, routing, TCP/HTTP, services,
- Continuously measures the real time network state, including latency, link quality, bandwidth utilization, packet loss, statistics, tunnel/physical link metrics
ADARA Gemini supports the following protocols:
- ADARA DLSP
- RIP, RIPng
- OSPFv2, OSPFv3, IS-IS
- MDLSP, PIM Multicast Protocols
ADARA Gemini supports auto-configuration, auto-orchestration and provisioning, dynamic multi-layer multi-variable single/multipath troubleshooting and connectivity management. Gemini also supports SNMP/MIBs and a Command Line Interface (CLI).
ADARA Gemini supports real time collaboration with third-party physical underlay networks.
ADARA Gemini provides support for the emerging standard, Interface to Routing System (I2RS).
ADARA Gemini supports the following additional features:
- Impenetrable Multi-Vector Authentication
- Dynamic multipath
- SSL/IPsec VPN
- Rate setting
- Load balancing
- No rendezvous point
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Multi-hop congestion control and re-queuing
- Admission control QoS
- Traffic engineering